Friday, August 5, 2011

We are WAY stocked up now!

Today was an EPIC COUPONING day for me and my girls!   We started the day at Dollar General and as soon as we walked in we found the Degree Men's deodorant on the $1 rack!  I used the $1 off any Degree Deodorant coupon and that made them FREE, I bought 22!  I knew this was going to be a great day!  We shopped and shopped at Dollar General and found some great deals.  Example - Ragu pasta sauce, on sale for $1.50, used the $.50 off one coupon and got them for $1, bought 24.  My total bill should have been $122, after coupons I only paid $53.  I was uber excited. 
Then we headed to Walmart.  I usually only do one-stop shopping and price match everything, but I had heard about $.25 Nivea at Dollar General and it wasn't in the ad so I had to go check it out.  Anyhow, the Nivea was NOT $.25 after coupons.  Not sure where they found that, they were going to be $.75 after coupons at my Dollar General, so I didn't get them.  It's funny how cheap I can get!  Anyhow, headed to Walmart to browse.  Notice I typed "browse".  I ended up getting $322 worth of groceries!  Nice browsing right!  I usually focus on personal care items and don't coupon too much in the food department, but today I decided what the heck, here goes nothing!  I focused in on only things that I had coupons for, which is kinda hard when you have kids with you.  All I heard was "can I have this" the entire time we were in there.  I did end up paying retail for a few things, but oh well.  They weren't ridiculously expensive, thank God my daughters like Ramen noodles.  I bought them three cases of 12, but they were only $.28 each, so that didn't bother me too much.  I ended up only spending $189 out of pocket, so I was still very pleased.  I did lock up the register again!  That happens everytime I go in to Walmart with coupons.  I think I may be on a first name basis with the CSMs.  Oh well, all is well in the pantry tonight, we are stocked up, the kids are happy, hubbie is happy that I saved so much.....all in all, great day shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment